Here are some pre-winter snapshots from my Zone 5 garden:
1. Irish heather: Diminuitive pink flowers. Needlelike leaves. Christmasy. Northern exposure.
2. Wintergreen: Eastern exposure. Great for its upspread growth.
3. Autumn fern: Eastern exposure. Never has looked better.
4. Gardenia: Still hanging in there even on the doorstep of winter.
5. Black ornamental grass: Hardy and amenable to transplants.
6. Hens and Chickens: Takes on a reddish hue this time of year.
7. Johnny-Jump-ups: Still adding its sprightly mauve to the mix.