So if you have no idea what to get your wife/best friend/girlfriend/it's complicated/number one gay for Valentines day, here are a few tips!
1. Check in the bathroom and see what kinds of products the person likes. This is easy. It might sound like I'm speaking Greek to you, but if you just look around, you can learn a lot. You might see a set of Kiel's products or a vanilla scented lotion and you can use this info to your advantage while shopping.
2. Say something like, "You smell nice. What is that perfume?" You can get a lotion or body wash in the same scent or just stock them up.
3. Some places keep clients on file, so you can actually just walk into the store and ask the sales person to look up your Valentine. This way, you can find out what they might like or need a restock on.
4. This is a really good trick: Take the name of the perfume or cologne that the person wears and find out what "notes" are in the perfume (aka find out what this stuff is made of). Then take the list of the perfume and the notes to a perfume expert at Barneys, Nordstrom, Bloomingdales or Macy's and have them help you find something with similar notes.
5. I helped a guy pick out a gift for his wife once and he had literally looked in her makeup bag when she had left for work. He stocked her up with all of the things that she was almost done with. Genius!
6. Ask your lover's friends.... dah via Facebook! If you do not have their numbers, social networking sites are a completely non-creepy way to get the scoop on what your Valentine might like or be into. Think, like, girls spa day or a gift certificate for their fave mani/pedi shop!
Read more: http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/pretty-cheap/2011/01/gold-n-spf-from-jill-stack-naturals-makes-vegan-sunscreen-a-fun-luxury.html#ixzz1DEoQEZnj