Brides, I am going to give you the real talk on makeup for your Spring and Summer wedding! Here are all of my bridal tips.
1. Don't freak out on anyone including your makeup artist or the hairstylist. Trust the person that is giving you the service. After all that is why they are trained and that is why you are paying their light bill. Don't worry let us do our job and you relax (you don't want a stress pimple do you?)
2. Pick your beauty team wayyyyy in advance and have back up's for each service. People in the beauty industry tend to bounce around so know where your people are.
3. Start your beauty routine as far in advance as you can with money and such. Please do not get your first set of highlights the day before the wedding. Give the artist time to get you ready!
4. Do not do anything drastic like Botox or a first time set of acrylic nails right before the wedding (this goes for waxing downtown as well). If you have an allergic reaction it will be the end of you!
5. Please remember that even if you like light makeup for everyday the camera and the day itself will suck the life out of your face and I am thinking that you probs do not want to look dead the day of. There are ways that a great makeup artist can brighten you up without making you feel to heavy so please let them try and work their magic! It is makeup after all... it will wash off.
6. Please remember that your makeup artist and or stylist in this day and age also works full time and to ask for a Saturday off in a salon is like un heard of so please give him or her a lot of notice and also, make it worth their time. In other words.... these pics last forever so you get what you pay for. Please pay well and tip! If there is a large party please remember that one artist might not be enough for everyone.
7. Broke? Out of town? Here is the down and dirty inside scoop. Have the brides maids cover doing their own hair and makeup (this can go south fyi please be careful.) The bride can do a few things to save money and neither of them are that awful. You can get taught how to do your own face with your own products when you purchase them from a makeup counter or you can make an appointment at a cosmetics counter wherever the wedding is. My suggestions are Clinique, Laura Mercier or Bobbi Brown for bridal makeup. The truth is that those lines do bridal makeup best. I am all about dramatic makeup all of the time but for some reason for weddings I think classic is the way to go unless you want to look dated in your photos on the wall in 10 years. If you do have a taste for the drama try a Dita Von Teese look with a bold red lip via MAC. That look with liner and lashes will NEVER go out. If you go to a counter go early in the morning and buy at least 3 things. Tell the person that is doing your makeup that you plan on purchasing at least 3 things so that they know that you are not wasting their time. Try and see the same artist if you like the look.
8. Do not get any part of your face waxed at least 3 days prior because the makeup will not stick and it will look very weird. If you are going to do a spray tan keep the waxing in mind as well. In this case wax a week before the wedding and spray tan 2 days before.
9. Make sure that you have Ducktape, Saftey Pins and bobby pins. Pack an "anything can and will happen" bag. This is a photo shoot must because trust me... anything can and will happen.
10. Do not tan to much. You will burn and peel. If your skin is dry you might as well call the whole day off.
11. Drink a lot of water and eat. You will not get fat you will keep yourself from passing out. Avoid headaches as well, pop a pill for that in advance to kill the mention of a headache. I am being serious... that is another photo shoot must.
12. Is your friend a sylist or makeup artist? Is your mother? If yes, hire them or tell them to let the artist to their job. If no, tell them to let the artist do their job. Suggestions are cool but it is hard enough trying to please the bride let alone the whole world. You be happy and be honest. We can not read your mind and we are not happy until you are. We are there to help you feel and look your best. Period!
Want a touch of pretty? Just add TARINA TARANTINO makeup and bridal collection into the mix. Here is the link to the bridal pieces. Yum.
Check out this Blog post on the makeup that I just did for more info. Perrrrrfect for a bride to be or just for anyone actually.
If you are into this blog add your email just to the right underneath the add. We wont bite or send you any junk just updates whenever I post!
You can add me @