Are you planning to attend Chicago Comic & Entertainment Expo? C2E2 is Chicago's biggest pop culture event, a not-to-be-missed celebration of fandom April 25-27, 2014, in the South Building at McCormick Place.
Following in the footsteps of San Diego Comic Con and NY Comic Con, C2E2 organizer ReedPOP has invited actress Chase Masterson and author Carrie Goldman to bring their organization, the Pop Culture Anti-Bullying Coalition, to do special programming for fans during the convention!
Are you a student, teacher, staff member or parent at a Chicagoland public school? Then ReedPOP and the Antibullying Coalition have a special discount for you!
Get $5 off C2E2 Tickets! Use Code WL2
Tickets here: http://www.c2e2.com/Tickets
Come to C2E2 with a little help from your friends at the Antibullying Coalition! And then check out our amazing programming:
End Bullying in Schools
- Workshops Friday 4/25 4:00-5:00 pm & Saturday 4/26 5:30-6:30 pm
- Join anti-bullying expert Carrie Goldman for a one-hour free workshop on how best to respond to bullying in schools, including strategies to manage cyberbullying, verbal taunts, and victim blaming.
- Come visit our Antibullying Coalition booth in the Fan Village, where you can participate in the I Am campaign, leave messages of support for kids who have been bullied, and receive information and goodies from our amazing partners!
End Bullying! Responding to Bullying in our Culture
- Panel Friday 4/25 at 5:30 pm
- Have you or someone you care about been a target of bullying? Join Star Trek's Chase Masterson, Author Carrie Goldman, the Anti-Defamation League's Jessica Gall, and celebrity panelists for this life-changing discussion on how to overcome bullying, and learn strategies to create witnesses and allies out of bystanders.
- Special topics include geek bullying, LGBT bullying, cyberbullying, and analyzing how media and entertainment affect our attitudes toward aggression and cruelty.
Additional Activities To Enjoy at C2E2
- Costume contests, celebrity panels, screenings, comics, tv, movies, anime, publishers, and more!
Carrie Goldman is the award-winning author of Bullied: What Every Parent, Teacher, and Kid Needs to Know About Ending the Cycle of Fear. Bullied addresses issues of sexualization, gender bias, and bullying.