‘Cause I Said So
Welcome to my random thoughts page entitled “'Cause I Said So.” These are general musings, rants, observations and otherwise unimportant details I notice about life. Enjoy and share.
JOBS THAT DON’T MAKE SENSE
Throughout the weeks I come across people doing random jobs that just don’t make any sense to me. Will someone please explain the following:
The Liberty Tax Character
When driving along I notice the Liberty Tax spokesperson dressed up like the Statue of Liberty. This does not look fun to me for the following reasons:
1. Chicago springtime is usually cold and raining. Standing on a corner waving at cars is not my idea of a good time.
2. I usually am not riding around with all my tax papers in my car, ready to run in as soon as I spot a poor soul waving a cardboard placard. “Oh wait, there’s the Liberty Tax guy. Let me run in with my paperwork and get this refund taken care of right now.”
3. That sea-green gown. Really? It’s seen better days.
From time to time, the daily report on the local news station depicts an enthusiastic group at the NYSE, furiously clapping their hands.
Who decides the fortunate ones who get a chance at being on TV that morning? Do they pick straws and hope they get lucky? Why do they clap all the time? Ding, ding, ding, ding goes a bell.
I don’t clap at work once I finish a court filing, or get all the timesheets in on time. But these folks always seem ultra-happy.
They are smiling and light-hearted about their future. Poor souls. Don’t these folks know the market fluctuates?
Maybe I should clap more.
I come across confusing advertisements:
- "REAL CHILI" boasts a sign in bold letters at the local sandwich shop. Question: Are other establishments offering un-real chili? The nerve.
- A clothing catalog touts its "authentic jeans." Same question applies.
Of course, an exception to the above is writing advertising for nail polish colors. OPI's red-hot "I'm Not Really A Waitress" is one of my all-time favorites. I'd love to have a job at OPI, dreaming up creative names:
"Laugh It Off" would be a pearlescent pink color.
"Games People Play" would be a bold purple.
Now there's a job that makes sense to me.
And that's 'cause I said so. Rant over. Thanks for letting me have my say. Read more pointless stories here.
Thank you for reading. - PIZZA FOR BREAKFAST
Subscribe here and never miss a post. Be sure to click on the confirmation email, and have a great day.
Filed under: 'Cause I Said So