The inevitable is here.
Days, maybe minutes away.
Labor is looming and I can't say I feel 100% joyful about the pain part.
I am anticipating the sweet moment when our baby propels his/herself into the world and the doctor announces, "It's a boy/girl!", but have to be honest, I just want this whole pregnancy expereience to be over.
I selfishly want my body to stop painfully contorting into odd shapes and I would really love it if my organs weren't being kicked and squashed. And while I long to never feel these sensations again, I must admit I am a little depressed at the fact of not having another baby.
This is my last child...
It is also the last time I will be able to:
- Eat a whole turkey without judgement
- Talk about my body in a flippant and comfortably humorous manner
- Park in the "Expectant Mothers" parking space
- Erupt in a rage and blame it on hormones
- Get out of family events and house cleaning
Are you finished having children? What do you miss about pregnancy?