A glorious cool breeze drifted through my kitchen window this morning, exposing the steamy heat of my 6 AM cup of coffee. I giggled with glee when my body broke out into goosebumps! FALL!
I am not a huge fan of sweating or any temperature which makes my naturally wavy hair frizz-out more than normal. My favorite season is fall and I would like to share several reasons why I love autumn other than: the kids being back in school and football...
(Please note: I realized after I wrote this list that most of my suggestions were food related. My excuse? I am a tad bit pregnant and ravenously hungry.)
1. Fall produce like mushrooms, cranberries, and butternut squash! How about pears and pomegranates?
2. Pumpkin everything! Pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin butter, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin soup, pumpkin pasta...
3. A smaller ComEd bill
4. Hearty meals and great soups
5. Invigorating flavors like nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves which fill your home in the form of freshly baked goodness
6. Hunting for the perfect pumpkin
7. Dressing up for Halloween. I was thinking 'pregnant nun' this year...
8. Caramel apples.
9. The smell of anything burning outside
10. The turning of the leaves always inspires me to drastically change my hair color to something like Clairol's "Reddest Fire Red" #206RR.
What do you love about fall?