Fresh 'n Lean
Fresh 'n Lean, an organic meal delivery company, is celebrating National Pasta Day on October 17 by sharing a recipe for a vegan, gluten-free pasta dish. To learn more about the company, click on freshnlean.com.
PASTA ALL’ARRABBIATA By Fresh n' Lean
Spicy Italian classic
This classic spicy Italian pasta dish can be on your table in only 20 minutes. It’s one of the easiest pasta recipes but at the same time surprisingly flavorful and perfect in its simplicity, like almost every Mediterranean dish.
Total time: 20 minutes
(makes 4 servings)400g gluten free pasta of choice (preferably short type of pasta, like penne or maccheroni)
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tsp of chili flakes
400g canned crushed tomatoes
salt to taste
For serving: handful of fresh parsley and (optionally) chili flakes to taste
- Cook pasta in salted water until al dente (according to suggested cooking times on the package). Drain, saving about ¼ cup of the cooking water.
- In the meantime, add olive oil and minced garlic to a pan and cook over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Add chili flakes and saute for 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add crushed tomatoes along with all the juices, stir well and bring to a simmer. Season with salt and let simmer for 6-8 minutes.
- Add cooked pasta to the pan with arrabbiata sauce, stir well until the pasta is evenly coated. If the sauce is too thick (that will depend on the variety of tomatoes), add 2-3 tablespoons of the saved pasta cooking water. Quickly heat up to the desired temperature, stirring constantly, don’t cook.
- Transfer to serving bowls or plates, decorate with freshly chopped parsley and, optionally, extra chili flakes.
- Enjoy! This classic spicy Italian pasta dish can be on your table in only 20 minutes. It’s one of the easiest pasta recipes but at the same time surprisingly flavorful and perfect in its simplicity, like almost every Mediterranean dish.