Running Away Multisport was named one of the top 10 triathlon shops in the country on Tuesday night by Triathlon America, a triathlon industry organization dedicated to promoting the sport and the business of triathlon. The award was a part of the 2011 Triathlon America Awards, honoring the best in the triathlon business.
The best companies, retailers and athletes in the triathlon industry in 2011 were recognized, Running Away Multisport was picked as one of the top 10 retailers in the country, and the only store locally to receive the honor.
"Somehow," I didn't win the best writer of the year, but that's something to shoot for next year. Here are the other categories and winners of the Triathlon America Awards.
The Ron Smith Triathlete of The Year Award, named after one of triathlon’s earliest pioneers, the Ron Smith Triathlete of the Year award recognizes a male and female triathlete who best demonstrates a combination of strong moral character, athletic performance and professionalism in the sport of triathlon
Female Athlete of the Year – Chrissie Wellington
Male Athlete of the Year – Craig Alexander
Most Innovative Triathlon Products in 2011
- Quintana Roo QR Illicito
- Campagnolo TT Components
- Garmin Forerunner 910XT
- Look KeoBlade
- Salt Stick Caps PLUS
Top 10 US Retailers of 2011 (listed in alphabetical order)
- All3Sports, Atlanta, GA
- Athletes Lounge, Portland, OR
- Austin Tri-Cyclist, Austin, TX
- Gear West Bike & Triathlon, Long Lake, MN
- JackRabbit Sports, New York, NY
- Nytro Multisport, Encinitas, CA
- Running Away Multisport, Deerfield, IL
- Tri on the Run, Houston, TX
- TriSports.com, Tucson, AZ
- Triathlon Lab, Inc., Santa Monica, CA
Best Published Triathlon Photograph of 2011 (print or online)
- XTERRA Buffelspoort, South Africa – Photo by Jacky McClean and published in Triathlete Magazine
- Ironman World Championship – Photo by Bob Kupbens and published in Triathlete Magazine
- Leadman Triathlon – Photo by Jeff Botari and published in Triathlete Magazine
Best Published Written Triathlon Article of 2011
- “Me and the King,” written by Scott Tinley and published in 3GO Magazine
- “Back to His Roots,” written by Julia Beeson Polloreno and published in Triathlete Magazine
- “Kona Confidential,” written by Holly Bennett and published in Triathlete Magazine
To learn more about the Triatlon America Awards, join Triathlon America or nominate me for next year, click here.
Full disclosure, I work for RAM Racing.