There is a lot to do when preparing for a move. One of the most important aspects is to prepare for the packers. When they enter your home, it will be a whirlwind of activity. Those guys really move. They divide and conquer and before you know it, your place is all packed up.
Here are so tips to help you get ready for your "pack".
* Make sure you separate what you want to hand carry or take with you. I tell people to pack these items themselves. Also make sure they are labeled and put in one corner. If I am helping a client, we put post it notes on them. We make sure the packers know not to touch them.
* Make sure your dishwasher and sink are empty of dirty dishes. Yes, I have unpacked dirty dishes in my time.
* Clear out your pantry of expired or perishable food items. I will never forget the day that I unpacked rotten bananas. They had been packed for a few months. Not good.
* Make sure you put tape around your shampoo or lotion bottles so they don't leak. Clean out your bathroom and get rid of the old toiletries.
* The crew will pack how they find things. Make sure you clean up your space and put like with like.
The more organized your packing is, the easier it will be to unpack your home!!
Filed under: Uncategorized