Ah The New Year- my favorite time. Yes, part of it is due to the fact that we can purge last year and start again. There are so many little things we can do to start out this year in an organized and efficient manner. Here are some of my favorites!
1. If you haven't already- Go paperless! Get those bills and financial statements online. This saves time and money. Studies show an average family spends $100 per year in postage paying bills. This also helps unclutter your mailbox. Download your banking APP so you can remotely deposit checks- this was a game changer for me.
2. Is your medicine cabinet full? Get out those expired and unused medicines and dispose of them at your local police station.
3. Go through your pantry. Evict the expired. Organize your items by category. This helps save time and money.
4. Clean out your file system. Get rid of those papers you don't need anymore. I also go through my manuals and purge things. And I consider my technology bin in same category. I label my cords so I am able to get rid of the old ones when I upgrade items.
5. I always keep a donation bag in my basement storage. At the beginning of each year, I go through my closet and drawers and donate what I don't need or what doesn't serve me anymore.
6. I also make a list of projects that I want to tackle this year. This includes condo, purchases, and business goals. I hang this up on my bulletin board. I look at it everyday. This helps keep me on track for the new year.
And most importantly- Have a great year!!!