Paper- the root of all evil. It never ends. We can do something about it. We can get it under control. But first we need to understand why we have this problem. Here are some things to think about.
- We aren't purging things we no longer/need or have. Examples include: old mortgages, old car info, taxes, old medical.
- We are keeping information that is no longer valid in our lives. This could include info from old jobs or associations that we used to be long to. Its time to let it go.
- We don't have a system for our paper. It exists in piles or file boxes with no specific rhyme or reason.
- Research is continually printed out from the internet.
- Everything is kept. Paper isn't sorted and purged on a regular basis.
These are just a few of the reasons that paper builds up. Its essential to purge and file paper on a regular basis otherwise it will get out of control. Keep only what you currently need. Archive old records such as taxes and your current mortgage.
Filed under: paper management