With the increasingly number of people working for home, the home office has become as common as the dining room. Even families that don't work at home are creating a home office to process their paperwork and keep on top of their projects. Due to lack of time, organizational skills, or systems, this room can get cluttered pretty quickly. Here are some tips to help you keep it organized.
- Go paperless. This will dramatically decrease the amount of paper that comes in to your space.
- Set up a filing system for the paper that you need to keep.
- Archive your taxes and mortgage papers. They don't need to take up your prime space.
- Set up action item files including- To Do, Pending, Social. Items should go into and come out of these files each day.
- What supplies do you really need? Most people have way too many supplies. Aside from paper piles, this is the biggest source of clutter I find in home offices.
- How do you function ? Do you have multiple projects going on at one time? Do you need an additional desk for spreading out your materials.
These are just a few things to ponder when setting up a home office. The most important thing is to make it work for you!