You thought you tackled it. You were happy. Everything was put away and those piles where gone. Now, its back. Yes, the clutter has reared it ugly head again. The piles and the stuff are back.
Why did this happen? Don't blame the organizer or maid! Here is why the breakdown occurred.
- You had more coming in that going out of your space.
- You didn't find new homes for the incoming items.
- You didn't do daily maintenance and let the piles build up.
So how do you conquer this beast. How did you keep the clutter out of your home?
- Make sure that everything that comes in your home is something that you need and has a place.
- Purge on a regular basis. Some people purge once a quarter others once a year.
- Keep a donation bag handy, so you can contain the stuff that is leaving your home.
- Daily maintenance. There is not way to escape it. You have to put things away and clear on a regular basis. You would be amazed at how much you can get done in a short amount of time.
A little decluttering will go a long way!!