Next week I am speaking at a Chamber of Commerce in the Chicago suburbs about business organization. I thought I would share a few tips.
As a business owner, you wear many hats. Most of us prioritize our clients over our offices. The average american spends 2 hours per day looking for paperwork and other items to be able to do their job. Here is how to cut that time down!
- Have a clearly labeled filing system. Get a label maker.
- Make sure your filing system is current. Archive any items that you don't need at your fingertips.
- Go paperless. Anything you can store on your computer vs paper form helps control clutter.
- If you are working on multiple projects, set up a project area. I have had clients use a table, vertical stacker, or drawer. Keep your project materials together.
- Plan your day. At the end of each day, write down your goals for the next day.
- Daily maintenance is the key to being organized. Make sure you are filing, processing paper, and returning calls and emails.
- Prioritize- clients and potential clients come first!!!!
I hope these tips help you keep your business running smoothly!!
Filed under: Uncategorized