Its that morning madness. Those two hours when you are trying to get out of bed, bathe, and get you and your family out to door. Its crunch time. Does everyone have their lunch? Homework? Where are the coats and shoes? Did you feed the pets?
While mornings like this will never be completely zen, you can cut the morning chaos. A little pre-planning goes a long way. Here are some simple suggestions to help you transform your mornings.
* Make sure that your kids backpacks are packed up the night before. Put them in the kitchen or mudroom. Some of my clients hang them on the back of the chairs in the kitchen.
* Set out coats, boots, and gloves the night before. These can be staged in the mudroom or in the kitchen area.
* Lay out clothes for the next day as well. Don't waste time searching for outfits in the morning.
* Make lunches the night before.
* Don't spend time trying to make an elaborate breakfast. Stock up on easy items such as oatmeal, fruit, or yogurt. My mom used to freeze pancakes and french toast.
* Have a launch area for things that you need to take with you in the morning.
* Make sure that everyone gets up in time to get ready at a normal pace.
With a little pre-planning you can curtail that morning madness.
<strong>Type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.</strong>
<li><input id="subscription_email" style="width: 50%;" type="text" maxlength="50" name="subscription_email" value="ex: email@example.com" onfocus="this.value='';" /></li>
<li><input style="width: 50%;" onclick="SubscribeByEmailCreate();" type="button" name="create_subscription" value="Create Subscription" /></li>