I did it. I blew out all my shopping on Black Friday and Cyber Monday! I am done. For the rest of the month, I can write out a few Christmas cards a day and just relax(oh yeah that't not in my personality). So with that being said, I thought I would give you some tips to help you with your shopping.
1. Start with a list. Write down everyone that you need to buy a gift for including family and friends. Do this ahead of time. I also give myself a couple of weeks to brainstorm ideas on what I want to get for each person.
2. Plan your time to shop. I planned to shop on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, because I love deals. Have your coupons ready to go, either in paper format or saved on your phone!! Yes, the stores are crazy crowded. If you are able, shop on off hours.
3. Do some prep work ahead of time, where are the items you need to buy? I knew that I would be getting superhero stuff for my nephews, so Kohls was the first choice on my list. I walked right over to the toy department and loaded up. And for my niece Annabelle, who just started running, I knew the Nike outlet was the place to go.
4. If you have family out of town, its okay to ship items directly to them. My wonderful Mother has been wrapping gifts for me. This saves on double shipping or having to carry things through the airport.
5. Keep your eyes open. You never know where you will find gifts. I was in the dollar store and saw some little puzzles for pet patrol and Spider man for the nephews. They also had some great stickers!
And most importantly enjoy your shopping trip.
Type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.