In a perfect world, every time you are done with something in your life such as clothing, technology, or toys, it is removed from your home. You can donate it, toss it, give it to a friend, or sell it. There are many choices and places to bestow your items.
Well most of us don't live in a perfect world. We live in the daily rat race in which we are just trying to keep up with life and survive. So our homes get full. We create layers and piles. We have boxes of donate that get buried under other items. And one day we have clutter.
So why aren't we purging our homes on a regular basis? Here are the top five reasons:
1. I DON'T HAVE TIME!- We all are busy. If you don't make time, you will have build up. If you have build up, them you get to spend the day with a chick like me!!
2. I HAVE ENOUGH ROOM, I DON'T NEED TO PURGE!- This may be true but why keep a bunch of things you don't need or want. There are plenty of people in the world that can use them.
3. MY KIDS WILL DEAL WITH IT ONE DAY!- Oh yes they will, and they won't be happy about it. Chances are, they don't have time to take off from work to clear out the family home. Sometimes this can take weeks or months. Don't make your kids have to go through this process while they are in mourning. You would be amazed at how many family homes are sitting because its too difficult for the family to deal with.
4. MY STUFF IS WORTH MONEY!- Your stuff very well maybe worth money. If you think it has value, call an estate professional. They will advise you what is valuable and how it can be sold.
5. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH MY STUFF!- As long as your items are in fair to good condition, there are many charities that are happy to take them off your hands. Salvation Army, Amvets, and Goodwill are a few of the charities that will pick up your items from your home. Electronics can be recycled-check out earth911.com. And lets not forget consignment. Furniture and clothing can be consigned. You got google- you can figure out how to get it out!!
So whatever your reason maybe why you aren't purging your home, think about how it will affect you and your loved ones in the future. There is no need to go on a mass purge! Take it one project at a time!
Type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.