The kitchen, the center of the home. The space were we break bread, share stories, and use as a mobile office. Many times this space is overfilled.
With all the cool kitchen gadgets and the new health fads, the kitchen has become a place of entry not exit. We shove stuff in those deep cabinets until we forget what is there.
Here are 5 ways to simplify your kitchen!
1. Zone your kitchen! Take everything out of your cabinets and put like with like. You should have cabinets that contain- baking items, pots and pans, tupperware, utensils, and small appliances.
2. Overflow Area- If you have the space in your basement, create a kitchen overflow area. A large shelf or cabinet will work. You should keep the items here that you don't use on a regular basis. Entertaining items should also be kept here.
3. Stock up on only the staples. I can't tell you how many times I find expired food in pantries. Stock up on the ingredients you cook with on a regular basis like pasta, rice, and sauces. Buy those extra items as needed.
4. Purge those utensils! How many of you have bought a new spatula and left the old one. Many of use have multiples of our kitchen utensils. Its okay to have multiples for commonly used items such as the spatula and spreaders. Organize your utensils by food prep, misc use, and baking.
5. Label the shelves in your pantry. This will help you keep things in place, especially if more than one family member is responsible for purchasing the food items.
And Most importantly- enjoy your space!!
Type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.