Today is Earth Day. This world wide event was started by former US Senator Gaylord Nelson in 1970. He was upset about the oil spills and felt we should all take better care of the earth. The event went global in 1990. Each year over a billion people participate in this wonderful day!
We can all do things to be more "environmentally" friendly. As an earth friendly person, I am always reading and educating myself on how I can be more earth friendly in my life and busness. Here are a few tips.
1. RECYCLE- The website earth911.com is a great resource to help you find places for recycling your items in your area.
2. RAGS VS PAPER TOWELS-Change your cleaning process. Go back to the way your mother did things. Use rags to clean and dust. Simplify wash and reuse them when you are done.
3. CHEMICALS-One huge change I made was to "dechemical" my home. All my cleaners are made from vinegar and baking soda. I even make my own bug repellant for the summertime. This not only saves money, but it makes my home safer for myself and my pets.
4. Reuse Your Copier Paper-- I used to buy pads of paper to take notes and write lists. No more- I simply reuse copier paper for that now.
5. BAGS- If you know me, you know this is a subject that I feel very strongly about. Instead of using the plastic bags and the paper bags at the store, use reuseable bags. Get those plastic bags out of your life. You don't need them and neither does the environment!!
Happy Earth Day!!!!!
Type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.