After organizing for 10 years, I find a lot of commonalities in homes. There are some of the same items that I find time and time again, that could use a purging. They tend to get shoved in a corner and forgotten.
1. College Text Books- Lets get real. How many of you actually use them again. I am guilty of this as well. I kept a box of them for several years. Never even cracked a book- Bye!
2. Luggage- I never understood luggage love. The questions I have for you are: how much do you travel and how much do you really use. Those garment bags are becoming a thing of the past.Let them go. Luggage also takes up alot of storage space. Don't store it in your "prime accessible" space unless you travel each week.
3. Light Bulbs- Are you guilty of carrying them from house to house. Make sure what you have fits into your current lighting.
4. Papers- Do you have boxes and boxes of papers? I see this all the time. Any papers that should be kept, should be organized in tax archive, memory/personal, and work reference. Free yourself of all those old bills and articles. Most of what you are keeping can be found online. If you have papers for an estate that you were responsible for, they should be kept 7 years after the estate closes.
5. Decorative items- Did you redecorate and keep the old pictures, curtains, ect. Are they taking up space in your basement or attic. Time to let them go.
These are some of the most common items that I see in peoples homes that aren't useful anymore. Think about it. What do you have in your home??
Type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.