If you are a business owner, you have a double whammy. You have to organize yourself for the new year and your business. I fall into that category as well.
So after I purged the old taxes, paperwork, and did a quick purge of my place, I started on my business. Here are some tips to help you start the year off on the right foot:
* Shred old taxes
* Clean out your filing system- can you reduce any paper by going paperless?
* Update and clean up your client database
* Identify your "hot" leads
* Follow up with existing clients
* Stock up on supplies
* Clean up any loose ends from last year- billng,ect...
* Unsubscribe from any e newsletters or magazines that don't directly benefit your business.
* Set business goals for 2014
* Evaluate how you did last year. What can you do better? How can you cut your operating costs?
* Look at how you spend your day. What are the time robbers or bandits in your day? How can you better manage your time?
* Are you batching your tasks?
* Identify what you need to do everyday- returning calls, setting appts, writing up proposals.
* You would be amazed what you can get done before and after hours (when the phone isn't ringing and friends aren't texting)
Get ready for a wonderful and prosperous year new!!
Type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.