There are so many tricks and tips to getting and staying organized. Once you get your space in an organized state, the only way to maintain it is through "daily maintenance". Even my home would not stay organized if I didn't do certain things everyday.
I have composed a list of daily maintenance items for you below.
* Don't put it down, put it away. When you come home, anything you bring in the home should be put away whether is groceries or just your work bag.
* Wash your dishes and put them in the dishwasher after each meal. Don't let them sit and fill up the sink.
* Put your clothes in the hamper not on the floor.
* When you do laundry, wash, dry, and fold all in the same day.
* Set your clothes out the night before to avoid making a mess of your closet the next morning.
* Limit the number of trash cans you have around the house. When the get full empty them out.
* Don't let that recycling stack up- take it out.
* Have a launch area- a place where you can put things that are going out of the home.
* Make your bed in the morning. I make mine right when I get out of it each day.
* If you have trouble doing your chores, use the timer trick. Set a timer for 15 minutes and go around your home and do your misc. maintenance. Studies have shown that anyone can focus for 15 minutes. You will be amazed at how much little stuff you can get done!
* OHIO- only handle it once! Don't throw the coat over the chair- take a few more steps and hang it up.
* If you live in a multi level dwelling, put items on the stairs that need to go up. Everytime you go upstairs or downstairs, make sure you bring something with you to relocate or put away.
* After you are done using something-put it away. Before you go to bed each night, do a quick walk around and put things away. Tidy up!
I hope you find these tips helpful!
Type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.