Do you clean before the maid comes over? Should you organize before the organizer comes over to organize?
NO! NO! NO! If you are hiring a service professional to help you with your space, they need to see it raw. Yes, they need to see it in it's natural state.
By Viewing a space in its raw or natural state, an organizer can help determine:
1. Where the breakdown in organization occurs
2. What your lifestyle encompasses each day
3. Your habits
4. Where you like things to be placed
5. What particular items are floating around and need a home
6. Where your clutter spots are located
So when you make that leap to hire help, just open the door. It may be tough at first, but in the end you will get better results.