This week is national "Simplify your Life" week. With crazy schedules and growing responsibilities, we are all looking for ways to simplify our lives and cut corners. Here are some of my tops tips:
1. Limit the incoming- Limit what comes in your life. Paper, mail, ect.. Get on the do not call list to limit the incoming phone calls. Get your bills and financial statements online.
2. Paper Management- Your filing system should have current items only. Go through your mail eveyday. Create action items to handle hold things such as bills, and "to do" items.
3. Have a launch area- This is a place to put items that are going out of the house the next day. A mud room or corner of a table works. I keep my stuff on the corner of my kitchen counter by my back door.
4. Plan the night before. Before you go to bed each night, prep things for the morning. Set out your clothes for the next day and load up your work bag.
5. If you don't use it lose it!
6. Cook in bulk..Cook large meals and freeze them. This saves not only time but money.
7. OHIO--ONLY HANDLE IT ONCE
8. Have a home for everything in your space..no halfway houses
9. Keep a "to do" list. Prioritize what needs to be done each day
10. Shop in bulk- Stock up but don't overstock.