City life. How we love it. For alot of city couples life starts out in a two bedroom condo. For awhile, it seems cozy. Then comes the bambino! You suddenly find your once quaint condo filled up with baby gear!!
Gone is the extra bedroom/office. The living room now doubles as a playroom, and your kitchen is overrunneth with baby bottles and formula!
This is one of my more typical organizing challenges. So here are a few helpful hints to survive in your condo:
1. STREAMLINE: Have only what you need in your condo. Remove memory items, extra bedding, ect. If you have parents in the area with a big basement you are in luck!
2. BUILDING STORAGE: Make sure all your bins stack to maximize space in your storage. Clear out any old items.
3. USE ALL YOUR VERTICAL SPACE: I have personally designed builtins for clients for around the fireplace or in the living room.
4. KITCHEN: Clear out a space for baby items and food. You will need atleast two shelves.
5. BOOKCASES/CABINETS: If you have extra wall space, consider a bookcase or cabinet for extra storage.
Filed under: Uncategorized