With all the continuing technical advancements, people are constantly upgrading their gadgets. Everyone that is except this chick( I think my digital camera is 8 years old). This means cords and more cords.
I can't tell you how many times I have sat down with a client to do what I term as the cord "intervention". Yes it needs to be done. Years of cords thrown in a box or bin. None of them are matched to their owner!
What do I say, keep it simple. As with everything in organizing, put like with like!
* When you purchase a new electronical device, label all cords with label maker.
* Use one box or bin to store all your accessories. To further categorize them, put the cords in a zip lock bag
* When you get rid of an older technical piece, donate the cords with it
* Its okay to keep a few universal cords
* Don't keep things in their boxes, it takes up too much space
So there you have it. One bin or box should encompass your supplies!
Keep it simple and labeled!!!
Filed under: Uncategorized