Yesterday, Melania Trump wore THAT green jacket with the words "I DON'T REALLY CARE, DO U?" scrawled across the back of it. She donned it during a journey to Texas, where she visited facilities which houses immigrant children who were separated from their parents at the border.
The message on the jacket left most of us shocked, sure it had to have been photoshopped. When we found out it wasn't, we were (and still are) confused as to what the message meant.
Lots of people have weighed in with lots of theories:
- It was a dis to the press. Melania is saying that she doesn't give a sh*t what the media says or writes about her. Her husband agrees, tweeting “I REALLY DON’T CARE, DO U?’ written on the back of Melania’s jacket, refers to the Fake News Media. Melania has learned how dishonest they are, and she truly no longer cares!”
- It's a dis to her cheater of a husband.
- It means she doesn't give a sh*t about the immigrant children being torn from their parents or anything else the Trump administration does.
- She is totally tone-deaf to appear in the jacket when she is visiting these facilities. It makes her look uncaring even if she is.
- Her communications director, Stephanie Grisham, said the jacket had “no hidden message.” It was simply a wardrobe choice.
- The jacket comes from Zara, the same company that offered several pieces of clothing that looked mighty anti-Semitic. The message on the jacket is a shout-out to the alt-right.
Here's what I think: The message means zip. Zilch. Nada. Nothing. I think she was purposely wearing the jacket because the White House wanted her to wear it. Why? As a distraction. Look here not there.
Think about it. The jacket costs $39. Do you think Melania, who is always seen in nothing but gorgeous designer threads, would actually don a cheapo jacket like that as a fashion alternative? No way, Jose.
Someone in the White House knew the press would jump all over the jacket story like lions on a zebra. And so would the rest of us. While we're busy talking about the jacket, we're not focusing on all the horrible things the administration is doing.
It worked, too. I'm writing about it.
Thanks for reading Opinionated Woman. If you want to read more, just type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.
Filed under: Uncategorized