Looking to find some great Chicago events focused on causes, nonprofits, and social impact? Here's a small sampling of some great Chicago events coming up within the next few weeks:
- On Saturday, October 28th, the Dearborn Realtist Board is co-sponsoring a free workshop on "Building Black Wealth through Home Ownership". The workshop will be held from 8:30 am to 2:30 pm in the fourth-floor atrium of the Chicago State University Library located at 9501 South Martin Luther King Drive. Dearborn Realist Board is co-sponsoring this free event with MB Financial Bank in an effort to MB Financial Bank to assist those looking to become a first-time homebuyer, a second-time buyer (those who may have lost homes due to foreclosure), homebuyers looking to avoid foreclosure and others looking to expand the number of homeowners in the community. This event is part of their Community Housing and Wealth Fair and you can RSVP via Eventbrite.
- This Friday, October 9th, Coalition: Impact is sponsoring Social Impact Means Business, a panel discussion from 1:00 to 4:30 pm focused on connecting and empowering like minds, towards massive action and social innovation. Panelists include Cindy Montgomery of Teachability, Lamar of Hoopis Group, Adam Bradford and Jordan Anthony Swain of Bradford Swain. Details and RSVP information via Eventbrite.
- If you're interested in adopting open source software, Free Geek Chicago is holding an Introduction to LibreOffice training on Sunday, October 15th from 3:00 to 5:00 pm. LibreOffice is the open source equivalent of Microsoft Office, and this is a way for nonprofits and other organizations to maximize their resources. For more information, please visit their Facebook invite.
- With increasing news about data breaches, CyberSecurity Chicago will be holding its conference on Wednesday through Thursday, October 18th through 19th. For more details and costs, please visit CyberSecurity Chicago's website.
- Finally, if you want to check out a great coworking space, RSVP for a complimentary coworking day at Serendipity Labs....or RSVP for the November meeting of Freelancers Union at Serendipity Labs.
If you're looking for great Chicago events focused on social change, we've started a great list...but we're always open to hearing about more opportunities. Please feel free to let us know via the comment section below or via our Facebook page. (All comments are moderated). If you need to contact me directly, you can find contact information via this blog's About page.
And as always, thanks for reading!