Things have been quite busy in the weeks before Thanksgiving....so much so that I thought I would provide an update, as well as promote some upcoming events that may interest Chicago nonprofits, social enterprises, and other social change agencies.
- Two months ago, I wrote an Open Letter to John Oliver of Last Week Tonight, asking if he would be willing to be interested in an interview. Well, at the urging of several of my colleagues, I reached out to his representation, who sent me to HBO....and I am waiting for word. However, there is no plan at this time, but I am extremely hopeful to have the opportunity, if only because I want to ask him if he considers himself a "social justice warrior".
- If you haven't already, please consider supporting the Chicago TARDIS Charity Auction - we are open to item donations, and if you want to make a direct donation, please visit http://bit.ly/ChiTARDISAuction. Simply make a donation, note "Chicago TARDIS 2015" in the comments, and forward the e-mail receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org. It's a great way to make a greater impact.
- 501 Tech Club - an offshoot of Tech Soup focused on driving nonprofit tech literacy - is sponsoring a free lunch-and-learn on "3 Must-Have Google Analytics Tips for Nonprofit Professionals" (Food will be provided). If you're interested in attending, please RSVP by Wednesday, November 18th at 12:00 pm via this Eventbrite link.
- For nonprofit marketing professionals - you might want to consider attending "Creating Meaningful Marketing Experiences: A Fireside Chat with the C-Suite" on November 18th at Catalyst Ranch. Join Mike Brennan, COO of PeaPod and Jon Ferrara, CEO of Nimble.com (live via video) for an intimate, interactive conversation. They'll talk about the challenges marketers face with bridging the generation gap, as well as helping organizations handle their greatest marketing challenges. For more information (including cost), please visit their Eventbrite link.
Bring your biggest marketing challenge and learn from decades of experience from two industry leaders at one event.
- Become, Inc is sponsoring a session called "Taking It To The Next Level: Marketing That Matters" on December 4th at 9:00 am at the Chicago School of Professional Psychology. For more details - and to register - please visit their Eventbrite link.
Know of any other events or happenings of interest to the Chicago social change community? Let us know in the comments section below or share on our Facebook page. You can receive updates via e-mail (instructions below), or contact me personally via the About page.
And as always, thanks for reading!
Type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.