Summer usually means one thing: a variety of events geared towards getting out and meeting others. Some Chicago events are focused around social good and social change, and this week, we're going to be highlighting some upcoming events to add to your calendar.
- This Saturday is the kickoff for Learnapalooza, and all-day festival of learning. Held in Lakeview this Saturday, there are a variety of classes and teachings available free of cost....so make a point of checking it out!
- Looking to come down after Learnapalooza? The Simple Good, a local nonprofit focused on positivity through the arts, is holding its second annual City of Big Dreams fundraiser this Saturday night. Local artists, poets, and musicians will be featured - tickets are still available, and can be ordered via Eventbrite.
- Interested in mentors, startups, and social entrepreneurship? Head to 1871 to attend a conversation with Troy Henikov of TechStars Chicago. It's free to attend (although brown bagging your lunch is strongly advised) - here's the link to RSVP.
- Free Range Office is celebrating its first birthday, and is holding a free expo on August 1st. (We've featured them in a previous blog post, and they have been really good towards us). More information via the link.
- Finally, on August 7th there will be a fundraiser for Deborah's Place, an organization that assists homeless women. More information/RSVP can be found via Facebook.
What are your thoughts? Please feel free to share below or join our conversation via our Facebook page. You can receive updates via e-mail (instructions below), or contact me personally via the About page.
And as always, thanks for reading!
Type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.