Walking into the Navigator Taproom mimics the excitement of a kid entering a candy store. There's a lot to take in when your eyes start to survey this gleaming, warehouse-style bar.
Venue features include large, communal tables, board games, a popcorn machine, a full cocktail bar, and the impressive pouring wall (where the magic happens). The taproom offers 48 taps including cider and wine. The beer choices are solid and offer something for every palate.
Pouring beer isn't a strong point of mine, so I had concerns about paying for more foam than beer. No worries, because Leah made sure that didn't happen. She was helpful in every way and showed me the best way to tilt the glass. I was giddy and feeling accomplished about my new skill.
HOW THE TAPROOM WORKS
- Customers are greeted by a staff member who will acclimate you with the process.
- Customers are shown how to clean the glassware and properly pour.
- Customers are provided with a Navigator Taproom card. Insert your card for each pour, and when finished, the amount charged to your card is displayed.
- Each beer offers a description, ABV, style, cost per ounce, and preferred glass.
- Let loose and have as much fun as I did trying several beers.
I was quite pleased with all my beer selections and the standout was Bible Belt (has a real kick to it) :
- Chocolate Milk Stout by 4 Hands
- The Devil’s Invention (Stout) by 4 Hands
- BBA Hell Hath No Fury (Belgian Strong Dark Ale) by Bell’s
- Bible Belt (Imperial Stout) by Prairie Artisan Ales
NAVIGATOR IS A PARTY VENUE
Navigator is the perfect setting to meet with a large group. You can bring in your own food and the taproom will assist with menus from nearby restaurants. Tables can be reserved in advance so your party can sit together.
The Lincoln Popper will provide you with movie style popcorn to keep you munching and pretzels are also available. In addition, there are a couple of intimate areas where you can snuggle up to someone if you want a bit of privacy.
Navigator Taproom is the ideal place to sample numerous beers and I look forward to many visits. Big thanks to Leah and Ben for their friendly demeanor, adding to the whole experience.