1. All candidates should have a standard speech, clearly articulating the issues of the office they are running for. A candidate should not be able to speak on anything at anytime.
This campaign lacked excitement and the candidates are all over the place, which is turn off to the public. Apathy won the election. We are being ruled by the voting minority. One fourth to one third of the population is ruling, simply because they vote. So in an effort to make campaigning and voting more effective, here are 10 guidelines to consider for campaign reform.
2. If a candidate is going to campaign in church, there should be religious equal opportunity. Candidates should campaign equally in Catholic churches, Baptist churches,Synagogues, Protestants and the like. Currently church politics is unbalanced.
3. If politicians campaign in churches, there should be a rule, when elected, the political one must must return to the campaign church quarterly to give reports to the congregation.
4. Candidates should not be allowed to engage in graveyard politics. Candidates must appeal to live voters exclusively with current info.
5. Candidates must clean up the streets with their sings were placed. If the clean up is not done within three days after the election, the candidate should be fined for litter.
6. No candidate should be allowed to call citizens during dinner hour. All campaign calls should be made while people are working. Automated calls should be outlawed.
7. All candidates should be forced to debate. If a candidate does not participate in the debate he should be dismissed from the campaign.
8. If a candidate does something stupid, while campaigning, they should be eliminated.
9. The media should stick with issues only with candidates and present fair and balanced representation for all candidates.
10. All candidates should have equal advertising.
11. If for whatever reason the election does not produce 50% of the voters, the election should be cancelled.