My 52nd birthday is approaching and I began to think about the last thirty years of my life. As I thought about my twenties, thirties, and my forties, memories both good and bad flooded my mind. I thought about the things I would change, and those I would not. Then it occurred to me, what advice would I give myself if I were 20 again?
- Life is short, follow your dreams because no one else will accomplish it for you
- Be true to yourself
- Don't stress the little things, there are too many big things to stress about
- Never be afraid of showing your feelings; people need to know how important they are to you
- Take responsibility for your actions, it will make you a better person
- It is okay to say you are wrong
- Pay it forward, good things come to those that are good to others
- Don't strive for perfection, it is an impossible goal and will only make you unhappy
- Be honest with yourself and your feelings
- Don't beat yourself up if something goes wrong. Use that energy to try to make it right
- Be proud of who you are and not what you are not
I am sure my list could be longer. What advice would you give yourself if you had the chance?
To subscribe to Nancy's World, type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time. You may also follow me on my Nancy's World Facebook page or follow me on Twitter.