These days with warmer weather, you might be considering losing a few pounds before getting into that bathing suit. In fact more people dread getting into a bathing suit more than going to the dentist. But if you are looking to lose weight, the best way to control appetite is with your diet! Eating the right foods can completely stop cravings. Protein is key in weight loss.
Protein stabilizes your blood sugar so there is no drop in sugar levels in the blood system. When you have a drop in blood sugar, you brain senses it and believes it will need more sugar to continue to function. Thereby, you crave something to eat. Simply have a piece of fruit for breakfast one morning and see when you feel hungry again. The next morning, have 2 eggs, bacon, and that piece of fruit and see when you feel hungry again. The protein from the eggs and bacon will keep your blood sugar stabilized for 3-5 hours so you won't feel hungry until then. This helps you control your appetite and eat healthier.
Here are five great ideas for protein:
1. 100% Natural Egg Beaters - 3 servings only 150 calories but almost 20 grams of protein
2. Simply Snackin Chicken Jerkey - only 110 calories but almost 14 grams of protein
3. Lean turkey breast lunch meat. 4 oz will contain almost 20 grams of protein and under200 calories.
4. Try 1% Lowfat Cottage Cheese for less than 100 calories and 14 grams of protein
5. Chobani Greek Strawberry Yogurt for 140 calories and 14 grams of protein.
Opt for 15-20 grams of protein per meal for a woman weighing around 135 pounds. Men should opt for 25-30 per meal.
Andrea Metcalf is a healthy lifestyle spokesperson, author of the best selling book "Naked Fitness", and inspirational speaker. Andrea has had more than a dozen appearances on the NBC Today Show, Better TV and NBC Chicago. The Fitness guru and host of a reality weight loss show and Living Healthy Chicago, Andrea's passion is to be healthy and be moved. To contact Andrea for opportunities email her at am@andreametcalf(dot)com.