Morning mantras set the tone for the whole day
Each morning the sun shines, the birds sing and it's another glorious day. With the winter cold, dark mornings and lack of any singing going on from the birds, it's this time of year that it's harder to stick to feeling wonderful and gleeful throughout the day. But you can try these simple steps to keep your mornings on track and start the day for a happier more successful start.
1. Stretch in bed:Before you throw off the covers and jump out of bed, try a few simple stretches to ease your muscles and get your blood pumping. Reach your arms out to the side and extend the legs. Bend one knee up towards your hips and roll it across the body to feel a stretch in your lower back and thighs. Straighten your legs and repeat on the other side.
2. Drink a glass of water:Next stop is the bathroom for a big glass of water. This is help hydrate the body which it loses while sleeping and will help get you started on a good habit to continue throughout the day.
3. Shower:Although this is a given for most people, a warm shower and stimulate circulation and blood flow giving you more energy throughout the day. Use warm water instead of steaming hot to reduce dry skin and moisture afterwards to seal in moisture. Try Palmers Cocoa Butter Eventone Body Milk.
4. Eat Breakfast: People who eat breakfast have more energy in the morning, tend to snack less during the day and do better on tests. Every day try for something with protein from egg white omelets to greek style yogurt. I do a mug scrambler to save time. Simply use 1 cup liquid egg whites like Egg Beaters , with 1/4 cup pre-cut frozen veggies . Microwave and stir for one minute at a time up to 4 minutes. Then add a spoon of salsa to top it off.
5. MeditateAfter your breakfast, set the timer on your smartphone for 3 minutes. Simply focus on your breathing and find a positive mantra you like to think about. I inhale strength and exhale fear. I also use phrases like, "I am only one person but I can make a difference in many" or "I am grateful for my family, my health and my life." Find something that moves you and either say it to yourself or write it down in a journal. It will help clear your mind and bring focus to your day.
Every day can be the best day of your life. Start living.