If you were heels or boots, your feet may be taking the burden; here are ten exercises to ease foot pain, prevent it and make your piggies go all the way home.
1. Ball rolling - freeze a golf ball and roll under the ball of your feet
2. Heel walks - lift toes and take steps to stretch your calf and strengthen your shin muscles
3. Boot tights - this product offers cute nylons with socks built right in
4. No mules - skip the clogs can go for a full shoe
5. Gym it - wear flats and gymshoe when walking long distances - there are cute ones out there and some heels with orthopedic features like dansko
6. Draw the alphabet - take your big toe as the pencil - stretches and strengthens the muscles around the ankle
7. Soak it - epsom salts really work for soaking your feet and other tired muscles
8. Marble picking - actually take your socks off and practice picking up marbles or small items off the floor
9. Toe grippers - putt a towel on the floor and scrunch it using the muscles in your feet
10. Rolling pins - aren't just for making pizza dough; use as a foot massager before bed or first thing in the morning... but don't forget to put it in the dishwasher after use!
Andrea Metcalf is a healthy lifestyle spokesperson, author of Naked Fitness and loves to wear heels with a great power outfit! Take care of your feet and take care of your body! Be healthy, be moved.
If you liked this article, try this one:http://www.chicagonow.com/naked-fitness/2011/10/weight-loss-sticking-to-a-fitness-program/
Filed under: Uncategorized