- For lunch, pack a tangerine, banana, or grapes or choose fruits from a salad bar. Individual containers of fruits like peaches or pears are easy to pack and convenient.
- Add fruit such as pineapple or peaches to kabobs as part of a barbecue meal. For dessert, have baked apples, pears, or a fruit salad.
- Vary your fruit choices, as fruits differ in nutrient content.
- Keep a bowl of whole fruit on the table or counter or in the refrigerator.
- Refrigerate cut-up fruit to eat later.
- Buy fresh fruits in season, when they're at their peak flavor and may be less expensive.
- Buy fruits that are dried, frozen, or canned in water or juice so that you always have a supply on hand.
Filed under: Uncategorized