Recently, I stayed at the Bitter End Yacht Club to unwind, rejuvenate and breathe in the barefoot luxury it has to offer in the British Virgin Islands.
From exotic fresh fruits and juices to the home made breads and salad bar each day, it was easy to make good choices to continue my "Naked Nutrition" plan from my recently released, Naked Fitness book.
While staying at the resort, I found a number of ways to stay fit and continue with my exercise regimens. I walked "Guy's Trail", swam in the ocean, paddled through the currents and practiced morning yoga on the endless white sands that drift into the edge of the earth.
Yoga is a great way to stretch and tone your body. Whether you are a pool potato or beach buffed, here are 10 yoga moves to take to the beach. Each morning honor the sun and revitalize your body.
My BEYC Sun Salutation
Breathe through each position.
- Mountain Pose - Standing position deep breath.
- Sun Stretch - Reach to sun and bend at the waist.
- Monkey Pose - Press hands to shin stretch back.
- Warrior - Step back and lunge deep in the thighs.
- Plank - Place hands in the sand and lengthen the core.
- Chatarunga - Lower chest through elbows.
- Up Dog - Lower hips and lift chest.
- Down Dog - Raise hips high and press chest down
- Warrior - Step up and lean into lunge.
- Sky Praise - Honor the universe and be grateful
BEYC graciously provided my accommodations to develop this program to share with you.
Andrea Metcalf is a healthy lifestyle spokesperson, author or Naked Fitness, a 28 Day Proven Weight Loss Program for a Slimmer, Fitter, Pain-Free Body, (Vanguard Press) and a regular contributor to Better TV, WomensForum.com and NBC Chicago. Receive daily tweets on health and fitness tips by following andrea on twitter @andreametcalf or www.FITStudio.com