I have recently taken ill with an affliction of the cold variety. I always thought "cold" was an apt word for the sickness, but it now seems far too mild. Cold implies a case of the chills from which you will recover quickly, not the head-pounding, tremor-filled illness that is holding my body hostage.
Now fear not, I did not create this post for merely self-pitying reasons, there is a point. Curled up in the fetal position on my bed, I decided to take action and compile a playlist to first calm the throbbing in my head, and then strengthen and uplift my immune system for the ongoing virus battle that I'm sure is occurring as I type. Without further ado, I present to you:
How to kill a virus in ten songs:
1. Man on the Moon- REM: I know, I know, but we're not at the uplifting portion yet! It's supposed to start out soothing!
2. Wish You Were Here- Pink Floyd: Retreat into your angst- don't fight it.
3. For What It's Worth- Buffalo Springfield: Ultimate chill song, soothe your mind.
4. Rhiannon- Fleetwood Mac: "She is like a cat in the dark, And then she is the darkness." Anything with the word darkness is good in my book.
5. Can't You See- Marshall Tucker Band: Alright, we're getting a little happier, a little higher tempo, but I think we can handle it.
6. Countin' On A Miracle- Bruce Springsteen: For when you think it'll be a miracle if you make it through the coughing alive. Great album.
7. More Than A Feeling- Boston: Yes, we're starting to become downright feel-good now.
8. Daydream Believer- The Monkees: Will make you feel like you can do anything, anything but make it out of the bed just yet.
9. Closing Time- Semisonic: I think the name is very contrary to the vibe of the song. This song makes me feel ready to go, not ready to close.
Won't Back Down- Tom Petty: I am, of course, referring to your immune system. Stay strong.
Yes, the playlist is a measly ten tracks, but I honestly couldn't handle much more in my infirmed state. Enjoy, listen in order, and tea always helps.
Filed under: Uncategorized