Since I can't relive my youth, I decided to have a little fun by wearing perfumes that reminds me of my youth.
Like music, the perfumes I wore throughout the years caused me to remember where I was, who I was with, and what I was doing.
During the 80's (the best decade ever), I was only able to afford perfumes from Avon or what was shown on television commercials. Perfumes such as Coty Wild Musk, Jontue, etc., were available at Walgreens.
However, when I started working after high school, I bumped my game up and bought designer perfumes. Truthfully, an old boyfriend started the trend when he bought my mom Anne Klein, in order to score points with her I guess (and it worked).
Without further delay, here are some of the fragrances that had an influence on my youth, that I'm wearing again:
- Valentino by Valentino. I was invited to a gay bar and smelled this on a drag queen. I've been in love with it ever since. It was hard to find but I found it!
- Bijan. My best friend and I were on the A train (now called the Red Line) when a lady criticized it. She did it jokingly but I didn't care. This smelled great and it this would be my 3rd bottle over time.
- Cabochard. My best friend and I were together again, this time browsing the perfume section at Marshall Field's when I smelled this. I didn't buy it at that time but I bought it now. It didn't come from Macy's (boy, do I miss Field's) but it reminds me of such an innocent time.
- Liz Claiborne. I was so in love with anything Liz--from purses to perfume! That signature triangular bottle delivered such a clean and refreshing smell.
- Rive Gauche. This perfume in its original black and blue aluminum can reminds me of when I was in love, or so I thought. I would wear this fragrance at night because it was so romantic. The smell lasted a long time.
I have a few more to go before the year is out. After that, it's time to embrace a new season, a season to make new memories.
With that, I've already started my new list of perfumes with Tom Ford's Black Orchid. Now, I have to see what occasion is worthy of it.
Filed under: Health and Wellness