Girardi decision could come Monday

Girardi decision could come Monday

Multiple sources indicate they expect a resolution regarding the Joe Girardi saga as early as Monday.

We may soon find out if Girardi accepted or rejected the Yankees extension offer. Either way, it likely would mean the Cubs knowing if they will get their man.

A report Sunday claimed the Cubs have viewed their pursuit of the Yankee manager as a longshot all along. My sources have never given me that indication however. There have been varying degrees of confidence during the back channel chatter, but the Cubs have always felt good about vibes they have received.

You may have seen the names Sandy Alomar Jr., AJ Hinch, and Manny Acta mentioned as possible alternatives, including here. Some have indicated to me that Alomar could top that list.

I was even told there are those in the organization who now regret selecting Dale Sveum over Alomar two years ago. Alomar may finish here as the runner up yet again.

We may find out tomorrow.

Comments

Leave a comment
  • If it has taken this long for Girardi to say yes to the Yankees, I think it has to mean he wants to come to the Cubs. Otherwise why not just say yes to be one of the Top 2 paid managers in all of baseball?

Leave a comment

  • ChicagoNow is full of win

    Welcome to ChicagoNow.

    Meet our bloggers,
    post comments, or
    pitch your blog idea.

  • Advertisement:
  • Fresh Chicago News

  • Follow on Twitter

  • Recent Comments

  • Latest on ChicagoNow

  • Advertisement: