Forgotten Merchants: General Furniture Company
The building at 1709 W. Chicago Avenue in West Town now houses a boxing training facility, but its elegant terra cotta facade gives an indication of what was once here. The General Furniture Company began in the early 1900’s. Billing itself as “Chicago’s Greatest Chain of Furniture Stores,” they had multiple other locations around Chicago,... Read more »