Atop the building at 1282 N. Milwaukee Avenue in Wicker Park reads "DUGAN 1888".
The building, completed in 1888, was originally owned by John F. Dugan, an Irish real estate agent and former butcher. He moved several times while living in Chicago. Although putting his name on the building would seem to indicate some intention to settle, within three years, he had already moved again. Dugan died in 1898.
The building is a contributing factor of the designation of the Milwaukee Avenue District in Wicker Park as a Chicago Landmark.