At the top of the building at 1323 N. Milwaukee Avenue in Wicker Park reads "1885 C. SCHROEDER."
Charles Schroeder had a meat market at this building, which he had built in 1885, at what was once 981 Milwaukee Avenue. Within 15 years, Schroeder had moved his business to 532 Thomas.
The building is one of the contributing factors for designation of the Milwaukee Avenue District as a Chicago Landmark.