This was the former residence of Henry Biermann, who was born in 1838 in Germany. He married Dorothea ("Dora") Schuske in the early 1860s. They had three sons and a daughter.
Henry was a grocer and resided at 331 N. Ashland (now 818) in the 1870s, then 374 N. Ashland (now 901) through at least 1892. Within a few years, they moved here. Unfortunately, Henry didn't live long in the building that bore his name, dying on June 12, 1904. He is buried in Concordia Cemetery in Forest Park.
Charles Biermann, his son and fellow grocer, lived in the residence through 1910. Dorothea lived next door. By 1923, all the Biermanns had moved to Oak Park.