- How Derrick Rose compares in this season's matchups against the best PGs. Why is Jason Kidd included, but not Steve Nash? That was an interesting game. That Phoenix game made me realize this team was the truth.
- Matt McHale has the Bulls 29th in his Powerless Rankings.
- Clippers advertised a special offer at the L.A. Times to celebrate Black History Month... in March (posted by LarryBrownSports.com):
"It is unclear exactly how the Clippers will determine a child's 'privilege' status, but we have one guess," Emma Carmichael wrote at Deadspin. To which, Kelly Dwyer at "Ball Don't Lie" added: "Worse is the implementation. One thousand tickets to a random Wednesday
game between two lottery teams is nothing, especially considering the
1,000 adults that have to accompany (read: buy a ticket to stay
alongside the kid who gets in for free) the children. Toss in concession
receipts (tell a kid of any age or background to sit through a
basketball game and not ask for a morsel or fructose-laden beverage;
just try it) and you've got yourself another money-making scheme,
If I've said it once, I've said it a million times. I can't wait for Blake Griffin to tell the world how often he's been called "my mulatto boy" by Sterling. There's no proof of it and I'm not starting a rumor. Just making an educated assumption.
- "The Celtics did not really need Perkins if Shaq or O'Neal are healthy,
but I think they will find Green is not as good as the box score stats
indicate," Wayne Winston wrote. "Also without Daniels and Robinson who backs up Rondo and Allen
in the playoffs?" The first point is interesting, though I don't like it. The second, I don't see as a concern with a healthy Delonte West. Is Von Wafer ideal? No, but it could end up being Mike Bibby and West.
- Yes, the Wizards bought out Bibby. Honestly, I expect him to join the Heat.
- Hoopism expanded their interactive audiovisual "65 Greatest NBA Shots" posts to 100.
- Zach Lowe on the many ways rebuilding can look like.
- Erik Spoelstra hates basketball.
- The East now has seven teams at or above .500. THE POWER SHIFT TO THE EAST IS UNBEARABLE! Don't worry, the
76ers29ers play the Mavs next.
- Dwight Howard will probably be suspended soon. He's at 15 technical fouls this season. At 16, players receive a one-game suspensions for every T-foul.
- Kevin Love is awesome. He had his fourth 30-point-20-rebound game of the season.
- If you're wondering how Kendrick Perkins feels about no longer being a Celtic:
- Troy Murphy was bought out by GSW. Will he be in good shape for the interested Celtics, Magic, or Heat to make him the asset he should be? Everything points to Boston, though.
- Watch this ref bark back at a barking Kobe, "Make your shot!" Kobe Bryant wanted a whistle and referee Eli Roe straight-up said that was "good defense" that prevented Kobe from hitting the shot... or Kobe preventing Kobe from hitting the shot.
HornetsNBA wants to wait until after the new CBA is agreed upon to decide what to do with Chris Paul.
- Baron Davis will wear #85 with the Cavs "as a dedication to his time spent in Ohio when he was a kid and living with his grandparents on 85th Street."
Filed under: Catch n' Shoot
Tags: baron davis, basketball, black history month, boston celtics, chris paul, deron williams, derrick rose, donald sterling, dwight howard, eli roe, emma carmichael, erik spoelstra, hoopism, jason kidd, kelly dwyer, kendrick perkins, kevin love, kobe bryant, la clippers, lebron james, miami heat, mike bibby, nba, new orleans honets, oklahoma city thunder, orlando magic, rajon rondo, russell westbrook, tony parker, troy murphy, washington wizards, zach lowe