- Real basketball is back. Queue: Baron to Blake and the Del Negros getting spanked:
- Congratulations to K.C.Johnson! The Chicago Tribune Bulls beat reporter was awarded by the Professional Basketball Writers Association for a feature article on Joakim Noah, published in January 2010.
- Congrats to Isiah Thomas! "From immortal player to NBA president, GM and coach, Thomas has
completed his transformation into a two-bit AAU middleman peddling
contrived influence to a sad, lonely delusional [James] Dolan," Woj wrote Tuesday.
- The Bulls "have not yet abandoned hope of striking a deal for Memphis' O.J. Mayo," Marc Stein's reporting at ESPN. Without willing to trade Taj Gibson, though, they've abandoned possibility and this story is dumb, right? Well, it is Memphis.
- The Bulls offered Houston a first-round pick for Courtney Lee. "[Tom] Thibodeau has gained a great influence in player personnel with the Bulls," Spears and Woj reported. "Chicago is still talking to Houston about shooting guard Courtney Lee, a favorite of Thibodeau's, sources said." They added Jersey not wanting Devin Harris anymore is mutual. Also, that Nenê wants to stay in Denver and the Nuggets "don't plan on trading him," Dallas and Portland are the "only serious suitors" for Harris, Stein adds.
Interesting is the Hawks shopping Mike Bibby around, Spears/Woj added. They're eyeing Kirk Hinrich, Raymond Felton, and Andre Miller. One rumored deal has Ramon Sessions and Manny Harris headed to the ATL for Jeff Teague.. Of course, parting with Marvin Williams is also of interest, but that requires a team wanting Williams, right?
- The Heat are shopping their "most tradable asset": Mike Miller.
- The Hornets got Carl Landry for Marcus Thornton,
using a trade exemption, which pisses off Nawlins fans. But it won't if
they lose David West to free agency, which they likely will. That said,
Landry's sucked this year and Thornton's been a cheap stud.
- The Cavs reportedly have a "big deal in place" for LeBron trade exemption, Sam
Amico at Fox Sports Ohio tweeted Tuesday, citing three NBA front office
types. It's gotta be the acquisitions of Hasheem Thabeet and Baron
- The Nuggets reportedly turned down whatever the Clippers offered for Danilo Gallinari. The Staples Center Red Team is still looking for a small forward with long range.
- Troy Murphy could get to play again.
GSW and Jersey are "near" a deal to send Dan Gadzuric and Brandan
Wright to NJ for the forward Avery Johnson so loathes because.... well,
Avery's weird and annoying, so it probably isn't Troy's fault.... The Harris deal could be involved with his new destination as a third party.
- Aaron Brooks is "likely to be staying in Houston," Alex Kennedy of HoopsWorld tweeted Tuesday.
- The Knicks have no backup center. They'll add Earl Barron, a D-League or -- if Houston buys him out -- forward Jared Jeffries. (h/t: Ben Golliver & Matt Moore)
- Andre Iguodala "shuts down everyone he faces." Truth.
- The NBA put in a new protocol to shorten game breaks. Memo are being circulated around NBA arenas outlining "new
procedures for locally telecast games, including warning horns to be
sounded shortly before the ends of timeouts and breaks between periods."
My favorite part is this: "Those warning horns are to be followed by final horns ending those
breaks, and referees are directed to make sure huddles break promptly."
I'm so sick of 20-second timeouts lasting two minutes.
- Google is "in negotiations" to air NBA games streaming live on YouTube. Wow. (h/t: Adam Fuseld)
- "Big Baby" Davis makes this moment so epic. Wait for it...
- Gilbert Arenas has worn $5,643 worth of sneakers this season. That's only about $110 per regular game. He's also scoring 11.3 points per regular season game where he's coughed up the rock on 18% of possessions, and missed how many child support payments?
- Gallo's no longer a Knick. He's no longer in New York, but his jacket -- like his face -- still screams, DOUCHEBAG!" (h/t: Moore)
Filed under: Catch n' Shoot
Tags: aaron brooks, andre iguodala, andre miller, atlanta hawks, avery johnson, baron davis, blake griffin, brandan wright, carl landry, chicago bulls, cleveland cavaliers, courtney lee, dallas mavericks, dan gadzuric, danilo gallinari, denver nuggets, devin harris, earl barron, glen davis, golden state warriors, google, houston rockets, isiah thomas, kc johnson, la clippers, league pass, manny harris, marc stein, marcus thornton, marvin williams, miami heat, mike bibby, mike miller, nba, nene, new york knicks, oj mayo, portland trail blazers, ramon sessions, raymond felton, sam amico, tom thibodeau, troy murphy, youtube