- Sebastian Pruiti put together a nice breakdown of Derrick Rose's jumper selection.
- Dennis Rodman was announced as a finalist for the 2011 class of the Basketball Hall of Fame, which is great, despite Reggie Miller getting snubbed. The rest of the finalists are very 'meh.' I have a personal nostalgic love for finalist Chris Mullin because I used to love being the Warriors in the Bulls vs. _______ EASports games to shoot the lights out with him, Mitch Richmond, and Tim Hardaway, but I'm pretty indifferent. What sucks is that a women's college is among the finalists and if Tara VanDerveer is inducted, she'd be the tenth women's college coach in the HOF with ten NBA coaches. Dumb.
- I didn't watch the Rookie-Sophomore Game on Friday because it didn't interest me, though it was on the TV at the bar. Can't resist sharing this bounce pass alley-oop from John Wall to Blake Griffin over Steph Curry:
- The "MeloDrama is too stupid to figure out. The Nuggets are reportedly telling the Knicks that their offer would trump that of Jersey's by packaging Wilson Chandler, Raymond Felton, Landry Fields, and Timofey Mozgov. Stupid because 'Melo refusing to sign an extension with the Nets trumps the deal and the Nuggets just keep getting dumber by acting like they have bargaining power.
On another note: While getting into picture mode, Doc Rivers said, " 'Melo should stand in the middle, since we don't know if he'll be on the East or the West!"... Gold. And props to Trey Kerby for this GIF.
- The Black Mamba, a Nike short film directed by Robert Rodriguez to promote Kobe Bryant's signature shoe, was released. Kobe's in it, Kanye West's in it, it's kinda' cool to watch, but I don't get it.
- The ultra-talented Jacob Weinstein, artist at FreeDarko.com, was hired to create publicity for All-Star Weekend and the work is amazing. The promos are at the FD site. Here's one example:
- Previews of the Slam Dunk and Three-Point Contests.
- Chris Paul needs to take some time off. A lot of time off.
- There are other interesting trade rumors.
The Hawks, Knicks, and Blazers' interest in Ramon Sessions; the
Blazers' interest in sending Dante Cunningham to Philly for Marreese
Speights; and the Bobcats shopping Boris Diaw's expiring contract
- Jon Scheyer was signed by the Rio Grande Valley Vipers of the D-League. Good for him.
Tags: all star weekend, alley oop, atlanta hawks, basketball, blake griffin, boris diaw, carmelo anthony, charlotte bobcats, chris paul, cleveland cavaliers, dante cunningham, derrick rose, jacob weinstein, john wall, jon scheyer, kobe bryant, landry fields, marreese speights, nba, nbdl, new jersey nets, new york knicks, portland trail blazers, ramon session, rio grande valley vipers, robert rodriguez, sebastian pruiti, slam dunk contest, the black mamba, three point contest, timofey mozgov, trades, wilson chandler