- 150 players made the All-NBA Teams in the 1990s. I got 149 of them. Can you beat my score? The only player I missed was Anthony Mason, so there's one for you.... Yes, Anthony Mason.
One of my favorite moments in NBA on NBC history was this Christmas Day game between the Bulls and Knicks, where Michael Jordan was quoted as saying Greg Anthony, John Starks, and Mason are 'unbelievably cocky' -- basically because they were nobodies. The quote was sandwiched between Jordan effortlessly dunking on a full-throttle Anthony and a Starks dunkbrick:
- Hollinger's Playoff Odds are posted. The Bulls, Celtics, Heat, and Spurs are 100% likely to make the playoffs. With a 7% chance of winning the Finals, only those other three teams have better chances, led by San Antonio's 21.6% chance.
- Carmelo Anthony's camp hasn't made the leak he will definitely not exercise his option for next season, only that he will not re-sign with the Nuggets -- as he reportedly told them again last week. That could mean foregoing his option this offseason or waiting out another season to get traded or enter free agency.
- The elephant in the room: "What is wrong with San Antonio's defense?"
- David Kahn thinks Darko will be an All-Star. Yeah, in the NBA! Yes, the NBA of the best basketball players in the history of basketball ... Of course, he does.
- Allen Iverson hit rock bottom, but he's picking himself up in Turkey.
- LeBron James and Dwyane Wade were co-Players of the Month in the East with Kevin Durant winning the honor in the West. Erik Spoelstra and Gregg Popovich won Coach of the Month with Landry Fields and Blake Griffin winning Rookie of the Month for December in their respective conferences.
- Kevin's Love's wreaking-awesomeness-at-rebounding formula despite lacking in certain elements of his physique.
- O.J. Mayo's efficiency's looking up coming off the bench.
- Brandon Bass' torn meniscus won't need surgery now, but with Brandon Roy's debilitating to no meniscus at all,
I wouldn't say it's no worries for Magic fans. Hopefully, it gets him
through the season and he has the necessary procedure in the offseason.
- Gerald Wallace won't miss many games after aggravating an ankle injury in practice over the weekend.
- Danilo Gallinari will miss 2-3 weeks with a mild knee sprain that he thought wouldn't be a big deal after Sunday's game. An MRI Monday revealed the sprain.
Filed under: Around the Web
Tags: all-nba team, allen iverson, anthony mason, blake griffin, boston celtics, brandon bass, bulls-knicks rivalry, carmelo anthony, chicago bulls, danilo gallinari, darko milicic, david kahn, december coach of the month, december players of the month, december rookie of the month, denver nuggets, dwyane wade, erik spoelstra, gerald wallace, greg anthony, gregg popovich, hollinger playoff odds, john hollinger, john starks, kevin durant, kevin love, landry fields, lebron james, miami heat, michael jordan, minnesota timberwolves, nba on nbc, new york knicks, oj mayo, san antonio spurs